1) A day to smoke weed.
2) Popular American pop-punk band with such classics as Good Riddance (Time of Your Life), Basket Case and Longview. Sometimes said to be inspiration for various later pop-punk bands.
1) It was a green day.
2) I am going to the Green Day concert next week.
A sort-of punk rock band that was good but not extremely popular until recently, when thousands of teenyboppers found out about them on TRL, believing their newest and worst CD to date to be "teh bset". Now every fourteen year old in the country rants about how great Boulevard of Broken Dreams is and are known to exclaim things such as "OMG BILLY JOE IS HAWT!!!1" and "DONT WANNA BE AN AMERICAN IDIOT!!12". Their new CD is mediocre at best, so please listen to their other albums instead.
The typical Green Day "fan" has never heard of Nimrod or Kerplunk, but totally eats up the new pop-punk garbage.
1. A day which is mainly spent smoking the drug marijuana, in an effort to end boredom
. May have originated in California in the mid-80's.
2. A popular punk rock band with members from Rodeo and Willits, California.
1. I had a green day yesterday.
2. Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool are also members of Green Day.
Quality band which poeple tend to see as sell outs because of their last album American idiot. For me they will always be remembered for Insmoniac and dookie two of the best punkish albums I have in my collection. Unfortunatly their main following now consists of teeny boppers who only discovered Green day existed when Boulevard of broken dreams came out and wouldn't know "At the library" from "Westbound sign" Still i suppose they had to find someone to fantasise over after Busted split up. DAMN YOU CHARLIE!!
girl 1: "wow have you heard that new band Green day?"
girl 2: "Yeah, billie joe is gorgeous"
me: "For gods sake! they have been around for 15 odd years!"
girl 3: "really? wow do you reckon Nirvana will ever get back together? that would be qualtiy"
me: *sound of me crying on the floor in utter despair*
1) An awesome rock band lead by singer Billie Joe Armstrong that has many hits like When I Come Around, Welcome to Paradise, Basket Case, She, Brain Stew, Time Of Your Life, Warning, Minority, and Don't Wanna Fall In Love
2) A day when you just sit around and do nothing but smoke weed
1) Man, right now I'm listening to a Green Day CD and the songs are awesome!
2) That stoner's has 1 too many green days. He's trippin, man!
22 Березень 2004
1) A most wonderful band in the opinion of many. They actually came from humble-to-hectic roots in California- all children of deadbeat parents, but all musically talented. Their usual music is literally exactly what an unhappy, confused, and possibly disgruntled teen goes through; subject matter ranges from sitting around being piss-drunk or stoned out of your mind to being afraid of love.
Now, sadly, it seems that this music has changed, as well as the Green Day image we all know and love. Since when have they swapped ratty old blazers and jeans for tight black pants and pyramid belts? We miss the old Green Day, even though their new music isn't too shabby.
2) A full 24 hours spent smoking marijuana.
1) Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tre Cool are the 3 members of Green Day. Currently, they also have Jason White- backup guitar, as well as other various musicians who help them play. They're quite rad.
2) God, you're really fuckin' lazy! You've had two green days in the past month. Get a job or something, you sad-ass.